Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Eyes, My Friend

By Wendy Mae Hunter/Phillips

A yellow Lab is all I have
To guide me on my way,
But trust and love and faithfulness
She gives to me each day;

Like God above she gives her love
To help the blind to see,
To keep me safe protecting me
A special guide to be.

My eyes, my friend, I never knew
Could be so possible,
God created this little dog
Trained to be responsible;

Time well spend to teach this dog
The blind her eyes to be,
This yellow dog was sent from God
My eyes and friend to me.

For eight full years she was my guide,
And then to friends did go;
To live her last days happily,
To others loving so.

And now she goes to lands unknown
Her life well lived in love;
She gave so much to those she touched,
And now she lives above.

I want to thank those in her life,
Who sacrificed their time
To give their love to Bandana,
Phyl’s dog and also mine.

Bandana, March 7, 2000 – Dec. 1, 2011
You were loved by many and will be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment